LONGVILLE, MN- A husband and wife who were found dead Saturday afternoon in their cabin near Longville died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning, Cass County Sheriff Randy Fisher said Tuesday.

Lee Schwarze, 58, and Nancy Schwarze, 55, both of Hutchinson, were found by relatives about 12:45 p.m. at the cabin.

Their son, Michael Schwarze, 22, Hutchinson, was found in the cabin unconscious and was flown to Hennepin County Medical Center. Schwarze was in critical condition Tuesday.

The autopsies were performed by the Ramsey County medical examiner’s office.

Fisher stressed the importance for people to have working carbon monoxide detectors as well as smoke detectors in their homes and cabins because they save lives.