Seattle, WA – Seattle Times – A family of five who left left a still-lit charcoal barbecue inside their southwest Seattle house overnight suffered carbon monoxide poisoning this morning and were taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The family thought the fire been extinguished, said Seattle fire spokeswoman Helen Fitzpatrick.

The mother was being treated in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber while her sister and three children were recovering at the hospital.

Fitzpatrick said the family woke up dizzy and nauseated before 8 a.m. and called 911.