NY- WTEN News -Two children are recovering after being poisoned by carbon monoxide early Saturday morning.

Emergency Crews were called to 993 Altamont Boulevard, in Altamont, just after midnight. Police said the family living in the home was using a generator in the basement for electricity. That is were the high levels of carbon monoxide apparently came from.

A 15-year old boy and a two and-a-half year old boy were both transported from the home to Albany Medical Center. Police say their medical conditions are unknown but that they were conscious.

Some firefighters on the scene also had to be treated for heat exhaustion.