Moorestown, NJ – Courier Post – An elderly resident has apparently died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.

Delia Edel Ruff, 82, was found Wednesday afternoon inside a bedroom at her home, 747 Golfview Road. Her vehicle was found inside an attached garage, the garage door closed, with the ignition in the on position, police said.

The vehicle had run out of gas.

The death appears to be accidental, Moorestown police Lt. Frank Fullerton said.

An autopsy has been conducted and the preliminary cause of death is carbon monoxide poisoning. Toxicology reports are still pending.

Police discovered Ruff after being called at about 1 p.m. by someone who had arrived at the home.