Glenview, IL – Tribune – A Glenview man was killed Friday when he was overcome by carbon monoxide gas in his north suburban home, police said Saturday.

Andrzej Bieniewski, 47, of the 4500 block of East Larch Avenue in Glenview, was found by police at around 5:19 p.m. Friday, according to a Glenview police news release.

Paramedics responding to a call of a man found unresponsive discovered Bieniewski inside his basement shower area, the release said. It appeared the man had been cleaning his shower with a gas engine power washer, the release said.

He was pronounced at the scene, the release said.

An autopsy performed Saturday determined Bieniewski died from carbon monoxide intoxication caused by inhalation of power washer exhaust, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

His death was ruled an accident, the medical examiner’s office said.