Capital 9 News – A carbon monoxide leak forced a Menands building to be evacuated after nine people became sick from the fumes.

Fire officials say a forklift was being run near the Northeast Career Planning Building, which let off the carbon monoxide. It filled the entire building and nine people became sick and were taken to the hospital. But none of those injuries are too serious.

Menands Assistant Fire Chief Ryan Kanderhan, described the conditions of the victims. “They all had some type of nausea, vomiting, really fatigued nothing too serious though,” he said.

The carbon monoxide was contained to the building. But the building has been cleared of carbon monoxide.

Capital 9 News