Falmouth, VA- Seven guests at a Stafford County hotel were taken to the hospital today after a carbon monoxide leak.

County spokeswoman Cathy Riddle says four people had potentially serious injuries, while the other three sustained what she described as less serious injuries.

Fire and rescue crews responded to the Wingate Inn off Interstate 95 and U-S Route 17 near Falmouth after getting a call at around 9:30 this morning. They evacuated 118 guests.

Riddle says that at the time of the call, 80 people at the hotel were attending a conference, 18 were hotel workers and 20 were guests. Members of the county’s Hazmat team found carbon monoxide in the boiler room and shut down the boilers, then crews worked to ventilate the hotel and reopen it.

A carbon monoxide leak at Roanoke College in Salem earlier this month killed one person and sickened more than 100 members of two groups staying in a dormitory there.