Marion County, PA – Three people have been transported to area hospitals following a carbon monoxide leak in a Marion County home on Darby Street at approximately 3:45 a.m. Tuesday. Emergency dispatchers were initially called to the home for a report of chest pain.

Upon arrival, responders realized two more people were showing symptoms of high carbon monoxide levels. Two of the people in the home were transported to UPMC in Pittsburgh. One other person in the home was transported to Ruby Memorial Hospital. Their names and conditions are currently unknown.

A Marion County Rescue Squad Official said carbon monoxide levels in the home were extremely high, at about 600 parts per million.

Officials said ten people have been hospitalized in the last 3 days due to carbon monoxide levels in the Marion County area. On Sunday, an industrial accident at a compressor station on Toothman Road in Rivesville sent 7 people to the hospital. Workers were operating gasoline motor in a tent without proper ventilation. Their conditions are currently unavailable.