Delaware County, PA – At least 10 people were hospitalized Wednesday in Delaware County following reports of an unusual odor in an office building, reports said.
The incident happened around 12:10 p.m. on Wednesday at 2 Scott Way in , 6ABC reported. The entire building was evacuated and at least 10 people were taken to Taylor Hospital and Chester Crozer Medical Center for treatment.
Philly.com, which reported the number of people taken to the hospital as 16, said the symptoms of those treated included dizziness and difficulty breathing.
Ed Beebe, deputy director of emergency services for Delaware County, told Philly.com that the odor was believe to have come from the buildings boiler room.
According to 6ABC, police say a faulty heater led to high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
The all clear was given at 1:50 p.m. and people were allowed to go back inside the building, 6ABC reported.