Omaha, NE – An Omaha apartment complex was evacuated around 6 a.m. Saturday after residents were awakened by the sound of their carbon monoxide detectors going off.

Firefighters confirmed the gas level at North 52nd Street and Ames Avenue was several times what is considered safe. Some residents had to wait outside in the cold while others got into fire department vehicles until the threat was over.

Firefighters said once they turned the furnaces off, the gas levels dropped. No one was hurt in the incident.