Prince George’s County, MD – Carbon monoxide was detected inside the Refreshing Spring Church of God on 6200 Riverdale Rd. in Prince George’s County, Md. late Sunday morning.

According to Mark Brady, a public information officer with the Prince George’s County Fire Department, the carbon monoxide leak made several people sick, and at least six were removed from the church.

Four people that returned home from church earlier Sunday became sick, and Brady said one person was transported to the hospital.

Brady tweeted that high levels of carbon monoxide were found, and the source of it was a natural gas fired at a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system.

The HVAC system was shut down, and Washington Gas crews were at the church with Prince George’s County Fire officials to manage the leak, Brady said.