Marion, OH – A carbon monoxide leak at a juvenile prison in Marion this morning sent 73 juveniles and three staff to a hospital. An Ohio Department of Youth Services spokeswoman says all are expected to be released from Marion General Hospital this afternoon and that none had become seriously ill.

Spokeswoman Andrea Kruse says a staff member smelled gas about 7:15 this morning, called 911 and evacuated that section of Marion Juvenile Correctional Facility that houses 127 offenders. The offenders were moved into a gymnasium. She says the leak is a result of a problem with a heating unit that should be fixed today. She said those who became sick are complaining mostly of headaches and nausea.