FL – The Associated Press, TAMARAC, Fla.

Carbon monoxide poisoning killed a man and critically injured a woman in a closed garage, police said.

Guito Belizaire, 20, of Fort Lauderdale, was pronounced dead Wednesday at University Hospital & Medical Center in Tamarac, according to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Inose Youte, 18, of Tamarac, was in critical condition at Florida Medical Center.

Investigators said the poisoning was likely accidental and foul play wasn’t suspected.

Youte’s mother returned home to find her two youngest children, ages 3 and 1, alone in the house where the older daughter was supposed to be baby sitting.

She found the pair passed out in the garage, with a black Honda Accord still running, deputies said. Belizaire had borrowed the car from a friend.

Deputies and family members said they didn’t know how Youte and Belizaire knew each other.

Tamarac is six miles northwest of Fort Lauderdale.