Milwaukee, WI – A 30-year-old woman died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and five others were being checked for exposure to the gas Thursday, police said.

Officers were called to a home near 15th and Center at about 2:30 a.m. Police said they found Lisa Buggs dead at the scene.

Those being checked for exposure to the gas included the victim’s parents, a sibling and two responding officers, police said.

Police said We Energies had disconnected the family’s electricity because of an outstanding utility bill. The family was running a gas generator running in the basement.

The state-imposed moratorium for shutting off utility service ended April 15.