East Providence, RI – A carbon monoxide incident was reported at the Holy Ghost Beneficial Brotherhood hall in East Providence Saturday night.

Police told Eyewitness News a carbon monoxide issue was reported at the building, which is located on North Phillips Street, around 9:35 p.m.

Update: At least 50 hospitalized after carbon monoxide scare

According to police, the city’s fire and police department responded to the scene, where several sick people were located.

Multiple people were transported to area hospitals and the extent of their illnesses were not immediately known.

Police did not say how many people were inside the hall during the incident.