Wayne, NJ – A few patients of CareOne at Wayne complained of headaches that may have been related to elevated carbon monoxide readings Monday afternoon at the care center on Black Oak Ridge Road, police said.

Wayne police Capt. Laurence W. Martin said the patients were treated at the scene and refused to be taken to the hospital.

The carbon monoxide problem was quickly resolved without the need for evacuations, but the township stood ready with its evacuation bus, Wayne First Aid Squad and Fire Department, said Martin.

The carbon monoxide alarm first went off at 3 p.m., Martin said, at which time the Fire Department responded and registered elevated readings in the basement. Some patients were moved and the problem area was isolated. Ventilating the basement helped to restore safe levels, and “we had it all wrapped up by 4:30 p.m.,” he said.

According to the captain, a fire inspection revealed that the carbon monoxide may have come from a truck running next to the facility.

An administrator for CareOne at Wayne, a skilled sub-acute rehabilitation and long-term care center, could not be reached for comment.