HIGHBRIDGE – Elevated carbon monoxide levels left some 60 tenants on University Ave. out in the cold Monday.

Emergency workers were called to 1601 University Avenue after a number of tenants complained of not feeling well. Once on the scene, emergency crews quickly evacuated everyone from the building and tested for carbon monoxide. The workers did find elevated levels of the silent killer.

The incident sent 37 tenants to nearby hospitals to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials are still investigating. Meanwhile tenants have been allowed back into the building.