Everrett, WA – KIRO-TV – Five adults and four children were taken to area hospitals after being exposed to dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide Saturday night at a mobile home park in the Mariner area south of Everett.

A 5-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl, and two women, ages 25 and 35, were taken by medic unit to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Two girls, ages 8 and 10; two men, ages 23, 27; and a woman, age 34, were taken by medic unit to Providence Everett Medical Center’s Colby Campus.

Fire crews were called to a mobile home in the 11500 block of Meridian Ave. S. at 7:22 p.m. “The occupants told firefighters they had been using a charcoal barbecue on the deck for an extended period of time, and had left the door to the mobile home open,” said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for Snohomish County Fire District 1.