Ashburn, VA- 14 people were hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide at a townhouse in Ashburn, Va.

Loudoun County fire and rescue personnel responded to a 911 call at around 7:35 p.m. Wednesday for a medical emergency in the 22600 block of High Haven Terrace.

14 people, which included residents of the home and their guests, were exposed to the carbon monoxide after a vehicle was accidentally left running in the garage of the home.

The residents called 911 after experiencing headache-like symptoms.

The victims were taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital for a checkout.