North Wichita, By Brooke Erickson

One person is dead and another lucky to be alive after carbon monoxide poisoning in a Northeast Wichita home. It happened Sunday night at 2101 N. Madison.

Preliminary blood tests show 30-year-old Antonio Landry died from carbon monoxide poisoning. His 30-year-old girlfriend survived. The victims were discovered after the woman’s mother was concerned she hadn’t heard from her daughter. She went to the house, and then flagged down a police officer who found the couple.

“He was a good hearted, good spirited person. He was enjoying life. Things were coming together. When the Lord calls you home, you gotta go,” said Landry’s Aunt, Marquita Landry.

Wichita Fire investigators are trying to find the source of the leak.