Pensacola, FL – An 84-year-old man was found dead near a gasoline-powered generator inside his home, where emergency workers reported high levels of carbon monoxide, authorities said.

Franklin Hovell was found dead by his son-in-law about 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.

Guy Ford, 55, was found unconscious late Sunday in his West Pensacola home where Escambia County sheriff’s deputies found a generator running in a closed garage. Ford was later pronounced dead of carbon monoxide poisoning at a hospital.