NH – Union Leader — A man died of carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday in a camper behind a Chichester garage, authorities said.

The death is believed to have been accidental, said Chichester Fire Chief Michael Paveglio.

Rescue crews responded to Ray’s Garage at 172 Dover Road at 12:37 p.m., finding the man already dead.

The man was from Concord and worked for the garage, Paveglio said. His name was withheld. He suffered health problems and kept a small makeshift shop in the camper, where he would take naps.

The state Fire Marshal’s Office said an unvented, propane space heater and a gasoline-powered generator being used within the camper, produced the fatal carbon monoxide.