Guntersville, AL – Fire officials say an apparent carbon monoxide leak in the main lodge at Lake Guntersville State Park resulted in six people being taken to a hospital.
Al.com reports the problem occurred Thursday afternoon.
Capt. Brian Walls of Guntersville Fire and Rescue says firefighters arrived at the park to find multiple people suffering from symptoms including headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. He says six were taken to a hospital, and others were evacuated from the building.
Walls says the problem appeared to originate with a boiler ventilation system. He says the building was ventilated to allow the gas to escape