Wichita, KS – The Wichita Eagle – A 63-year-old Sedgwick County woman died early today when she was apparently overcome by carbon monoxide possibly from a generator used because her home was without electricity, an official said.

The woman was pronounced dead at her home in the 4400 block of South Rock Road at 5:35 a.m., sheriff’s Lt. George Mason said.

Fire personnel found an “extremely high and dangerous” level of carbon monoxide in the home, and authorities suspect a portable generator could have caused it, Mason said.

The 911 system received a call from the woman’s home about 5:20 a.m. Her 64-year-old husband had found her not breathing and went to get help next door at the home of his 37-year-old son, Mason said. The son performed CPR on his mother.

Information about the husband’s condition was not available.