Felton, MN – The Forum – Preliminary autopsy findings indicate carbon monoxide likely killed a rural Felton, Minn., man.

Lawrence Frederick Arndt, 75, was found dead about 9 a.m. Tuesday in a shed on his farmstead, according to Lt. Jerome Thorsen of the Clay County Sheriffs Department.

The power to Arndts home had gone out and he was apparently using a generator in the shed to keep warm, Thorsen said Thursday.

While final toxicology reports are not yet done, preliminary findings by the Ramsey County Medical Examiners Office indicate Arndt died from carbon monoxide poisoning, Thorsen said.