Sturgis, SD- Associated Press, Abedeen News – Authorities believe the two bodies found in a converted cargo trailer at a Sturgis area campground are those of a missing California couple, according to the Meade County sheriff’s office.
An autopsy indicated the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning and foul play is not suspected, the department said.
Mary Hershey, who owns the campground, said it appeared the couple had been using a propane heater inside the makeshift camper.
Authorities are waiting to release the victims’ names until they can be positively identified by dental records. Authorities said the vehicle registration numbers match those of vehicles owned by a couple reported missing or overdue in returning home from the Sturgis motorcycle rally.