INpolis, IN – Indystar – A Far-Westside couple and their dog were found dead Monday, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Timothy Thompson, 42, and Tamara L. Wilson, 34, were found about 1 p.m. Monday, according to Marion County Sheriff’s Department detectives, who believe their deaths to be an accident.

Deputies found a gasoline-powered generator inside a bedroom in a mobile home in the 9200 block of Warrington Drive.

“Their heat was cut off two weeks ago, so they put this generator in the bedroom to heat the interior,” said Chief Deputy Coroner John Linehan. “Anytime you have an internal combustion engine, it puts out fumes.”

According to the report, Thompson was not a full-time resident of the mobile home but was making interior cosmetic repairs for a friend. Wilson apparently was staying with him.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas produced through combustion, as in a natural gas furnace. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, up to 200 Americans die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The commission recommends homeowners install carbon monoxide detectors.