Prattville, AL- Montgomery Advertiser -An Autauga County man died Sunday, and a woman was clinging to life, after they apparently received carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rashando Carroll, 22, 1776 Autauga County 40, was pronounced dead about noon, said Coroner Billy Brown.

Angela Brown, 28, was listed in critical condition at Prattville Baptist Hospital late Sunday evening, Brown said.

A gasoline-powered generator is believed to be the source of the fumes, according to police reports.

“There was no power to the house, and they were running a generator in the garage,” Billy Brown said. “They had been sleeping in a bedroom in the house. When the medics got there, Mr. Carroll was unresponsive and tests later showed Miss Brown had high levels of carbon monoxide in her system.”

Authorities want to remind people never to run a generator in an enclosed space.