Arcadia, CA – A woman was taken to the hospital Friday after being poisoned by carbon monoxide in her apartment, officials said.

The incident began about 6 p.m. when the resident of another apartment in the complex at 812 Huntington Drive heard their carbon monoxide detector sound an alarm, said Arcadia police Lt. Paul Foley.

The residents called the gas company, which sent a representative who determined the carbon monoxide was not originating from the apartment with

the alarm, but was actually seeping in from another apartment, said Foley.

Officials went to an apartment downstairs, from which they believed the deadly gas may have been emanating, and knocked on the door without

response, said Foley.

Authorities forced their way into the apartment and discovered an unconscious woman, who was rushed to the San Gabriel Valley Medical Center

where she was listed in good condition, Foley said.

Firefighters attributed the cause as accidental, though the specific source of the carbon monoxide was not immediately clear.