Wirt County, WV – Three hunters are in the hospital Monday morning after their camper blew up in Wirt County.
The explosion happened on Windy Ridge Road near Rockport.
Charles Siers from the Elizabeth Volunteer Fire Department says one of the men was trying to light the burner to make a pot of coffee and didn’t realize there was a propane leak.
The blow was so hard it messed up the roof of the building.
Siers says all three men suffered burns on their bodies.
Authorities shutdown parts of I-77 to make room for medical helicopters.
Firefighters say two of the hunters were taken by helicopter to Charleston Area Medical Center and Cabell Huntington Hospital.
The third was transported to Camden Clark Memorial Hospital.
Their names and conditions are not being released at this time.