Turtle Lake, WI – A camper exploded overnight sending one man to the hospital.

It happened shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday night at the St. Croix Casino RV Campgrounds on Tamarak Street in Turtle Lake.

Police say they found 73-year-old Ward E. Tigner of Alamo, Texas next to his camper. He had severe burns over most of his body.

Tigner was taken to Cumberland Hospital before being airlifted to Regency Hospital in Minnesota.

Tigner’s wife and their dog were also in the camper at the time, but were not hurt.

The fire had burnt itself out by the time rescue crews arrived on scene.

Police say it looks like the explosion came from a leaky propane tank in the corner of the trailer.

The Turtle Lake Police Department and the Barron County Sheriff’s Department will continue investigating the explosion.