Brainerd, MN- A Breezy Point contractor sawing cement late Tuesday in the basement of a bank building under construction in Breezy Point was hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.

The Pequot Lakes Police Department responded about 11:12 p.m. The man was airlifted to a Twin Cities hospital. The police department didn’t release the contractor’s name. Information on the man’s condition also was unavailable Wednesday.

The contractor was working in the basement of the Breezy Point office of Pine River State Bank across County Road 11 from Eagle View Elementary School.

The man hadn’t returned home, so his daughter went to the construction site and discovered her father sick and coughing outside the building, the Pequot Lakes Fire Department reported.

The fire department was called to the scene at 11:22 p.m. Tuesday to ventilate the building.