Reading, MA- Students were evacuated from the Barrows School today after the detection of high levels of carbon monoxide, according to Reading Police.

The carbon monoxide was detected at around 10:50 a.m., police said. Students and faculty were then taken by bus to Austin Prep, where parents were asked to pick up their children through a “reverse 911” message.

“We controlled everything in an orderly fashion,” said Reading Police Lt. Richard Robbins. “We got the kids out safely…No one was taken ill.”

The Reading Fire Department was at the scene to determine the source of the high levels of carbon monoxide. No information is yet available on the cause.