IA- An Ayrshire man has been hurt in a propane explosion at his home.

Officials say Keith Cogdill was burned last night (Monday) when he started his dryer to do laundry and ignited a leaky propane line.

The blast blew out the south wall and several windows in Cogdill’s home, which is about one-and-a-half miles north of Ayrshire in northwest Iowa.

Officials with the state fire marshal’s office say damage from the explosion and fire could reach 50-thousand dollars.

Cogdill was taken to an area hospital before being transferred to University Hospitals in Iowa City. No information on his condition is available.