Snellville, GA – By Jim Brock, Gwinnett Daily Post — A local family was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning on Friday at two area hospitals, but all four family members are expected to recover.

Although the situation is unusual, foul play has been ruled out, officials say. “Everybody is doing well,” said Snellville police Detective Tim Colgan. “It looked like it was an accident. We did a preliminary investigation to see, but everything points to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.”

Police and fire officials responded to the call Friday morning at the family home, located at 2730 Stony Place Court.

Colgan said the husband, Edward Kizito, accidentally left his car running in the garage around 9 p.m., Thursday night.

He and his wife, Adrienne, and his infant child, Edward Jr., were sleeping in the house while the car was ran all night, Colgan said. Agnus Kilbrige, a family member who arrived Friday morning, entered the home around 8 a.m. and went to lie down in her bedroom.

A short time later she heard a loud thud from Kizito’s bedroom. When Kilbrige went to investigate, Kizito had fallen on the floor, conscious but disoriented by the fumes, Colgan said.

His wife, also conscious, had the same symptom. The infant was unconscious and in very serious condition, Colgan said.

The Fire Department arrived at approximately 8:15 a.m., and discovered carbon monoxide in the home.

Lt. Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department, said everyone in the house showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. “The Fire Department’s hazmat team reported readings as high as 600 parts per million inside the home,” Rutledge said.

The adults, including Kilbrige, were transported by ambulance to St. Joseph’s Hospital, and the infant was transported by air to Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital.