OH- By BOB BLAKE, Liman News

A 46-year-old St. Marys woman died at her home Wednesday and authorities believe carbon monoxide poisoning may have played a role.

Lynn E. Houts Sharpe, 46, of 934 Columbia St., was found dead in her home shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday by members of the St. Marys Fire Department, Chief Ken Cline said.“The nature of the call was an unresponsive female. Upon arrival they actually found two unresponsive individuals inside the home,” Cline said. “We did have high levels of carbon monoxide in the residence. I can’t say that’s what caused the deaths. I can’t make that deter-mination, that’s up to the county coroner.”

Auglaize County Coroner Thomas Freytag called for an autopsy, the results of which are pending. Freytag could not be reached for comment.

Police Chief Greg Foxhoven said his department is assisting in the investigation, though no source for the high levels of carbon monoxide has been identified. “Everything we have at this time leads us to believe it was an accidental death due to carbon monoxide poisoning,” Foxhoven said.

Sharpe’s son, Robert M. Houts, 20, was taken to Lima Memorial Health System. He was listed in good condition Thursday afternoon. The second person who was unresponsive inside the home, Sharpe’s husband, Michael J. Sharpe, was taken to Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys.