MD – WJZ – A Baltimore family is recovering Monday, at numerous area hospitals this morning from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters were called to the 400 block of North Milton Avenue just before 9 pm Sunday night. Ten people were taken to the hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

This case is the most recent incident in a string of carbon monoxide poisonings in the Baltimore area. Nearly a week ago 21 people at an apartment building in west Baltimore were rushed to the hospital after breathing in toxic gas. Odorless and colorless it creeps up on victims. Investigators say a pair of faulty furnaces inside the building on Carey street were to blame.

WJZ’S Derek Valcourt spoke with Baltimore County Fire. “The CO gets to you…It hits a certain level renders you unconscious and you fall down wherever you are and unless someone gets to you, you’re going to die.” said Chief Joe Fannon.

There’s no word on the conditions of the victims. Symptoms of carbon monoxide include tiredness, headaches and other flu like symptoms.