Charleroi, PA – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – A husband and wife were hospitalized last night after they were found unconscious due to carbon monoxide poisoning in their Charleroi home.

Dave Mugrage was critical and Betty Mugrage was in serious condition last night.

The couple kept regular habits, so neighbor Bruce Wysochanski said he became suspicious when he saw the Tribune-Review truck that Dave Mugrage drives in the driveway yesterday morning, long after it should have departed to pick up papers in Greensburg. After the paper called Wysochanski about the couple’s whereabouts, he called 911 around 10 a.m.

Betty Mugrage was found in her bed and Dave Mugrage on the floor, both unconscious but still breathing, state police said. Investigators said they suspect the carbon monoxide emanated from a leaky furnace