Fairbanks, AK- FAIRBANKS, Alaska – Two people in North Pole were injured when their propane heater system exploded.

The pair, who were not identified by North Pole Fire Chief Buddy Lane, were in a bedroom of a detached garage last week when the system exploded.

The Daily News-Miner reports the heater in the garage was attached to the wall of a bedroom and connected by a hose to a propane tank outside.

They were flown to the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The garage was damaged extensively. Lane estimates the damage at about $25,000.