Cedar City, Ut – Authorities said as accident Saturday night in Beryl Junction that claimed one person’s life and seriously injured another was caused by the incorrect use of a propane heater.

The two males involved in the incident suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower said. The survivor was transported by air to a hospital in Salt Lake City.

“He’s in pretty bad shape,” Gower said.

Gower said the two individuals were using a propane space heater inside that wasn’t designed for indoor use, but no explosion or fire was reported.

“They just replace the oxygen in the room real quick with carbon monoxide,” he said.

The incident is believed to be accidental, Gower said.

Aside from the two males, no one else was involved in the accident, Gower said.