SD – The Aberdeen News – The Aberdeen Fire Department responded to a house in the 300 block of Eighth Street South that had high levels of carbon monoxide Thursday morning.

The individuals living in the house reported feeling sick and two of them were treated at Avera St. Luke’s Hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning and later released.

A plugged chimney was believed to be the cause of the high levels of carbon monoxide.

The owner of the house had the chimney fixed and the carbon monoxide levels decreased enough for the individuals living in the house to return to it.