Picayune, MS – An explosion that took place Monday night at a home located at 875 Bouie Rd., is believed to have been caused by a faulty propane valve.

The explosion occured at about 8:30 that night and caused a fire at the rear of the home as the residents were starting to cook dinner, said Pearl River County Fire Marshal Albert Lee.

Four people were injured in the home at the time of the fire, 21 year-old Ronnie Blazio, 21 year-old Tiffany Slaten, Timothy Davis and an infant who is about 18 months old. Slaten and the infant were taken to Forrest General Hospital for treatement but were not seriously injured, so they were released the same night.

However, Davis and Blazio were taken to the burn centerat the University of Alabama for treatment. Davis was listed in critical condition and Blazio in serious condition as of Monday night. Updated information about their conditions was not available Thursday.

Lee said the propane tank connected to the house was just filled on Monday.

The State Fire Marshal’s office came to help with the investigation on Tuesday. Lee said the investigation found some leaks in the home’s propane system, including a faulty valve near where the explosion occurred.