Beaumont, TX – Eight people were hospitalized Sunday with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning in a house where a generator was running just inside the back door, officials said.

None were thought to be severely poisoned, said Brad Penisson, spokesman for Beaumont city fire-rescue. He said seven adults and three children, in all, were in the Beaumont house.

Almost three years ago, six members of a Beaumont family died of carbon monxide poisoning from a generator runing inside their apartment in the wake of Hurricane Rita.

Rescue operations resumed Sunday morning in Jefferson County after going well into Saturday night, said Deputy Brent Weaver of ther county sheriff’s office.

There were 42 rescues on Saturday, 30 by air and 12 by boat. He had no information on deaths or injuries.