Baldwin, NY – Christian Murray, Newsday – Four children and three teachers were rushed to a hospital yesterday following a carbon monoxide leak at a Baldwin tutoring center. Eight other people inside the premises didn’t require treatment.

Carbon monoxide alarms alerted teachers that the poisonous gas was in the Huntington Learning Center, said Baldwin Fire Chief Joe Bachety.

Bachety said a faulty burner at the center, which caters to children as young as 5 years old, was to blame, and KeySpan workers were investigating.

Firefighters, emergency medical technicians and police arrived after a 1 p.m. call was made to the fire dispatcher, the chief said.

The seven were taken to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow; however, none were in serious condition.

The center, at 884 Merrick Rd., will be closed tomorrow as it undergoes further investigation.