Chicago, IL- Six people were taken to hospitals after being sickened by carbon monoxide gas in the Logan Square neighborhood Sunday afternoon.

The incident happened about 12:50 p.m. at a three-flat in the 1700 block of North Whipple Street, according to Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford.

Paramedics took six people who did not feel well to Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center and to Norwegian American Hospital in good condition.

The heating source for the building is possibly to blame, Langford said.

Police said residents of the building had furnace repairs done as recently as Saturday.

Firefighters shut down the heat source and called the gas company to the scene.