Hialeah, FL – Six people were transported to the hospital after, officials said, they were exposed to carbon monoxide while inside a supermarket in Hialeah, Tuesday.

According to Hialeah Fire Rescue, workers at the Sedano’s located near West 76th Street and 31st Avenue were using cleaning equipment at the time of the incident. The store was evacuated while hazmat crews responded to the scene.

The patients, ranging in age from 24 to their 60s, were taken to Mercy Hospital for treatment.

The supermarket closed for the night.