Providence, RI – Five people were taken to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak at a Providence home.

Four teenagers and an adult were taken to Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children’s Hospital early Friday.

Fire officials say extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were detected. They say a small animal built a nest inside a pipe that went to the hot water heater, blocking gas from being released.

Fire officials say there was apparently not a working carbon monoxide detector in the home.