New York, NY – Five people have been taken to a hospital because of high levels of carbon monoxide at a house in Queens.

Emergency crews responded to the Bayside home around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, a fire department spokesman said.

One person was listed in serious condition at Nassau County Medical Center. The others were taken to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in less serious condition.

A police department spokesman said the victims involved two adults and three children.

The cause appears to be accidental, CBS2 reported.