Milwaukee, WI- Five people were taken to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at a Milwaukee home.

Three children are among those hospitalized Friday morning.

The Milwaukee Fire Department says emergency workers responded to a call about a sick person at the home. When first responders arrived, they were alerted to a leak by their carbon monoxide detectors.

A We Energies crew was called to shut off the gas.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports one of the residents told firefighters the leak might have been caused by a damaged furnace that he thought had been repaired.