Phoenix, AZ – The Phoenix Fire Department says four people were transported to a hospital for treatment or evaluation for possible carbon monoxide poisoning from a barbeque grill being used to warm an apartment.
The department says responding firefighters found a man passed out, a woman who reportedly had a seizure and two young children not displaying any obvious signs of distress.
Firefighters from one station were dispatched to the apartment complex in response to what was reported as a fire alarm in an upstairs apartment but that it turned out to be a carbon monoxide alarm. Meanwhile, a unit from a different fire station went to the same complex in response to a call about the woman having a seizure.
The barbeque unit was being used in the downstairs apartment.